I was out of town last week and when I returned, it seemed like spring was finally in full swing. My fruit trees and ornamental trees are covered with beautiful flowers. Even though most of the daffodils are spent, the tulips are bursting on the scene. All of my perennials are pushing through and growing. And now, I already feel behind in the garden! 🙂 Isn’t that always the way though, I can’t wait to get started, then, before I know it, I’m thinking I’m behind and need to start weeding or planting or something. Scroll down to see some of the latest happenings in my garden.
While I was away last week, I also received a wonderful message. StrictlyDelicious nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Needless to say, I was thrilled, and humbled. Even though I haven’t been blogging for very long, I’ve been amazed by the wonderful people out there. I’m also amazed that so many of you wonderful people actually read AND LIKE what I write! It’s been a truly humbling experience, and an absolutely great experience. Thank you so much StrictlyDelicious! I’m thrilled you like the blog.
Now, on to the award. It seems I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about me…so…here goes!
- I actually started building this blog a year before I had my first post. I secured the name, set everything up, but just couldn’t write that first post. Not sure why, but I was incredibly nervous. Thankfully, with a little encouragement from someone special, I finally took the plunge this January, and I haven’t looked back!
- In addition to loving food, gardening, and all those wonderful things I write about, I also LOVE TV. I do. I can’t explain it, but I always have. When I was little I would sneak downstairs at 6:00 in the morning on Saturdays and turn the TV on really low just so I could get as many cartoons in as possible. I couldn’t get enough…and still turn on the TV probably way more than I should.
- I really admire Martha Stewart. I do think she’s amazing at cooking, gardening, decorating, blah, blah, blah, but that’s not why I admire her. I find it fascinating that this woman was able to take what so many people hate doing…the chores for so many people of cooking, cleaning, etc….and build a billion dollar empire on it. It takes incredible business sense and determination, and boy did she do it. Even with her unfortunate incarceration, she went, she owned it, and she came out on top, selling those ponchos!
- I come from a big Italian-American family. And until I started writing this blog and thinking about the recipes and customs I wanted to share, I didn’t realize how much that would impact what I share. Of course, lucky for you, that means I write about Italian food or share Italian recipes often. Let’s face it, Italian food is delicious! 🙂
- I have had an odd part time job for as long as I can remember. In 1946, my grandfather started a beer store. It’s still in the family, and, today, my brother runs the store. But, from a very young age, I was always hanging out there. I was playing in the beer store, spending time with my grandfather or dad there, even waiting for the school bus there, and eventually, working there. I was probably the only kid in high school who was selling beer on the weekends.
- I hate the gym. I go and put up with it, but I really hate it. Enough said on that.
- When I was in high school, I thought I wanted to be a chef. I was incredibly excited until, thankfully, my uncle helped me get a job at a restaurant. I then realized the hours and weekend work that goes into being a chef and quickly saw it wasn’t for me. As much as I loved the work, I couldn’t imagine always working when everyone else had off. I am obviously still obsessed with food and cooking, but I know being a chef isn’t for me, but I have an amazing respect for chefs!
And here are my picks for the One Lovely Blog award.
- Ice Cream Magazine-I love this blog. I also love ice cream, so that may be swaying my vote heavily. But there are amazing recipes and creations, and the pictures are just, so, well…lovely!
- Rambling in the Garden-This is another great blog with wonderful pictures. But, it also includes an amazing garden. Very inspirational, especially the different plants and arrangements.
- Home on 129 Acres-I have a love/hate relationship with this blog. I love what they are doing, renovating a 129 acres farm, but the hate comes in because I’m totally jealous. It’s a great journey to follow though.
- The Novice Gardener-This one is just so fun! Not only is it an excellent blog with great writing and terrific pictures, which I love. But every Friday, she has a party. Yes, a party. Fridays are Fiesta Friday, and people come together and share their cool stuff, and it’s just amazing! I’ve met so many other bloggers through the fiesta…if you haven’t checked it out yet, you need to.
If any of the wonderful 4 above would like to nominate other, here’s how.
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
Share seven things about you.
Pass the award on to seven nominees.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs.
And again, thank you to StrictlyDelicious, and thank you to all of you who continue to read, comment, and interact. It has been an excellent adventure so far, and I look forward to more sharing, meeting, and fun! Thanks!
It’s a good thing I painted that trellis, the clematis is reaching for it.